Part Diagrams
Machine Manuals

Report a Gilson Sighting
The Gilson Snowblower Shop

Site Map
Contact Us
Except where stated this site is in no way affiliated with any of the products or companies mentioned or depicted within except as noted
If you do not find your Gilson built Snowblower in the Gilson Registry I hope you will take a few minutes to complete this form and submit it. As always first name credit is being given to the first person to submit a model. I really appreciate you taking the time to tell me about your Gilson! If you can't supply all the information that's OK but please be as complete as possible.

What is your email address:

Your first name, so I can give credit if yours is a new sighting:

What Brand is your machine?
Is it an actual "GILSON" or one of the private brands Gilson built such as LawnBoy, Mastercraft, Plymouth, Marshall Wells, Beaver, New Holland, HAKO, Snow Charger, Ford, Montgomery Ward, Wizard, Senator, Toyota, Artisan, TECO, Garden Mark, Brentwood, Mor-power, Gambles, SNOTRAC, Bob-a-Lawn, Davis?

Gilson Model Identification Sticker What is the model number of your machine?
  • Decal designation on it like "ST826" are not model numbers. Be sure you get the model number from the actual model/serial tag shown to the right.
  • The model number tag wil be a metal tag or sticker on the machine, not the engine. If you stand at the controls your toes will probably be pointing at it.
  • Snow Cannons will have the ID tag as a sticker on one of the tubular handles.
  • The tag may not say "Gilson Brothers Company" but the format will be similar. It may read GILBROCO, Northern GILBRO, Polee Power Products, Ford or otherwise.
  • Montgomery Ward / Garden Mark tags look different. The model number will have the "GIL" prefix.
  • If your model number begins with "TMO"' then MTD built the machine for Montgomery Ward, sorry, it is not a Gilson


What is the width of your machine?

What Horsepower is your machine?
If unsure enter the engine model number.

Is the engine a Briggs & Stratton or Tecumseh?

If the engine is a Briggs and Stratton What is the engine CODE number?
If it is a Tecumseh what is the engine serial number?

If it is self propelled model:

How many forward speeds does it have

How many reverse speeds does it have

Is the traction transmission "Friction drive" or "Gear drive"
Friction drives will have the transmission area under the engine closed with a plate on the bottom. Inside there will be a friction wheel that looks like a 5 inch tire. The drive pulley will have a flat platter surface. If it says UNI-TROL it is a friction drive
Gear Drives will be open on the bottom below the engine and if you look up in there you will see some drive chains and a sealed gearbox. There may be a GEAR DRIVE decal

Is your machine single or dual stage?

What state or Canadian province or other country are you in?

Anything you'd like to mention or ask about?

This system does not support mail attachments but if you have pictures available please send them by conventional E-mail.