Terms of Sale
The Gilson Snowblower Shop
Except where stated this site is in no way affiliated with any of the products or companies mentioned or depicted within except as noted
The following applies to the sales of used, new and reproduction Gilson parts from this Website. It has no bearing on any transactions with those businesses that we have affiliate relationships with. This also applies to used engine parts and other related items.
We have had a good track record of getting the right part to the right person. I recognize that when a snow blower is down days can matter. To make sure you get what you need when you need it I have published these terms
Getting the right part
- Parts will be provided based on the descriptions you provide. Model number, part number(s), part description(s) and photographs may all be used.
- If I see any chance for confusion I will provide high-resolution photographs, of the actual part for your confirmation prior to purchase. If I send a stock photo just to identify a part I will state so.
- It is the buyers responsibility to be confident that the right part(s) is being requested.
- If I send you a part other than what was agreed to I will of course stand behind my error.
- I take great pains to describe the application of my parts, often using photographic examples of the part in use. If there is any doubt contact me.
- My parts fit the machines as they were built. If someone has re-crafted your unit my part may not fit.
- Nobody wins if you recieve the wrong part, don't guess, please ask.
- Used parts are just that, used.
- Used parts may have minor wear, surface rust, or be painted a color other than that of your machine by the factory or prior owner.
- Any part I sell will be one I consider suitable for reuse. There may be some degree of wear so refer to photos. If an area of concern is not shown ask for more photos.
- New / reproduction parts will be new, never installed / never run.
- Some parts come from standard supply houses.
- Equipment specific parts come from machine shops, fabricators and other specialty producers and are made to my specifications.
- I assemble, inspect and pack all items.
- Paint finishes are intended to preserve the part. I do my best to provide a good finish. You'll have to forgive an occasional run, more/lighter coats would mean a higher part price. I have unpacked plenty of factory parts, what you receive will compare favorably.
- I accept payments through PayPal
- Parts on the Website should be ordered directly on the site.
- If you are looking for a mix of new and used parts contact me and I will bundle the order to save on shipping cost.
- When you decide you want a used part I will issue a PayPal invoice to your e-mail address.
- Be sure that your PayPal account and mailing address are current.
- In some cases to save time and get your machine running sooner I may send an invoice for your consideration prior to your approval. Since this is not my day job passing e-mails can add up to days and that may mean more shoveling for you.
- There is no obligation whatsoever with me sending a PayPal invoice. You may pay, ignore or cancel. You do not need to open a PayPal account. You may pay from a PayPal balance or use nearly any common credit card as a guest.
- Payment can be made using your PayPal account or you may check-out as a "guest" using any major credit card.
- If you use an E-Check through PayPal be advised that 3 business days are usually required for the check to clear and for funds to pass to me. Shipment will occur when the payment is fully processed.
- If I have invoiced you I may follow-up a week or so latter. Desired items usually end up in my office for photographing and sooner or latter I need to put unsold items away.
- Local sales will be cash
- No checks, money orders or other payments will be accepted.
- All items listed as "Sold By The Gilson Snowblower Shop" are on hand for immediate shipment unless noted in the listing.
- I ship through the United States Postal Service, generally using Priority Mail.
- I use a combination of Flat Rate and per package rates to provide the best value
- Many international orders ship in the small flat rate box for which tracking is NOT provided. If you require tracking contact me for a custom shipping quote.
- I do not include insurance in any of my quoted shipping prices. In my experience the risk of a lost parcel has been low and shipping of purchases of this magnitude uninsured is an acceptable risk. However, I am not responsible for packages after they have been shipped. If you desire insurance let me know and I will add it to your cost.
- My Shipping and Handling fees cover the postage and transaction fees and are intended to break even.
- I do my best to pack orders on the day recieved to ship the next day.
- I will send a shipping confirmation via e-mail when your package is ready for post office pick-up.
- On occasion I may be away from home. I generally have daily e-mail access and will keep you apprised.
- If I am busy clearing my own driveway (2-4 hours per storm) I may lose an evening.
- It snows here too. If the post office cannot get to my mailbox or house your package may be delayed.
- If your part requires some shop work prior to shipment I may need to wait a day or so for an appropriate time to warm the shop up.
- Local sales will be handled on a case by case basis.
- I generally do not sell used parts that are still available though the OEM, usually LawnBoy/Toro but there are exceptions so don't hesitate to ask.
- I base most of my used part prices on the last known OEM selling price. I figure that if they could sell out at that price then as a good obsolete part mine is worth just as much. I will adjust prices from this basis considering availability, demand and actual condition.
- Most of my new parts are priced well below the last known OEM price.
- If it is my error I will make it right on a case by case basis.
- Returns for reasons other than my error will be accepted under the following; request to return must be made within 7 days of delivery, return shipping is at your expense, part(s) must arrive in like new, unused ready for sale condition, 20% will be deducted from the part price, credit will be issued through PayPal, PayPal will deduct a fee of approximately 3%.
This is not my day job but I still try real hard.
The Gilson Snowblower Shop Home
Updated September 20, 2021